Who hasn’t thought they didn’t get time for themselves during the holidays? I know I have. This year I am taking a few mins here and there to relax and do something I want to do. Time for yourself during the Holidays is most important.
Ways to take time for yourself during the Holidays:
- Hot Baths
- Read a Book
- Shopping on your own
- New Makeup
- New Clothes
- Go for a walk
I find that I am a better person, mom, and wife if I take care of myself first. I can’t keep neglecting myself just to take care of everyone else. It isn’t healthy.
- Find 5 mins here and there to relax. Take the time to breathe, destress or heck just be alone.
- A couple times a week, go do something alone. I grocery shop, nap, read a book and more on my own when I need to.
- Buy something you want, but don’t need. This is hard for mothers. We tend to always buy for someone else and never ourselves.
- Take a nice long hot bath. This is my favorite. I love baths. It calms my body and mind down. Relax in a hot bath with yummy smelling bubbles and a good book!
- Just spend time on yourself. Really I have a hard time on this. I have this crazy need to ignore myself and focus on everyone else. I feel like I need to put myself first more.
Enjoy your Holidays this year! Take care of yourself and be Happy!
- How to Uproot Your Family After a Sudden Job Offer
- How to Make Sure Your Kids Get Enough Time With Their Grandparents
- Outdoor Activities to Try With Your Kids
- Items You Can’t Forget When Going to the Beach With Your Kids
- How to Make Your Kids’ First Camping Trip More Pleasant
- Summer Backyard Activities You Can Do With Your Kids