When my daughter is one, I worked on finding shows and movies for her to watch. Movies and Shows can and should be limited. Now what we like to do is play things in the background of our kids playing so that they soak up what they can of sounds, words and more. Learning is happening at this age that you want to encourage growing. They are sponges. Don’t hinder their learning just because of screen time. You can turn it off for meals, crafts and such. That is what we do. She is a very active child and really only watches tv when she wants cuddles, or it is nap time.
Some of our favorites:
- Franklin is really great for kids and teaches lessons. It is colorful and has animals which we all know kids love.
- Kid songs/learning songs DVDs are great, we use baby Einstein, Dave and Ava, Super Simple Songs and Little Baby Bum. These are great to watch and keep on in the background.
- CareBears is so cute and teaches lessons. Great for them to watch.
- Multi-show DVDs are great because you get a variety. We love the PBS ones.
- Sofia the First is just too cute and teaches lessons. When you have a girl you have to have princesses.
- Paw patrol is fun and of course, it’s dogs!
- Star Wars Rebels because well this house is a Star Wars house!
- Disney movies and also anything with fish is good too.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is kinda annoying to parents, but kids love it!
We try not to let her watch much if any of the adult shows. We tend to watch them before we go to bed or on a laptop or tablet with one headphone in while she is playing and/or watching her own show.
I understand about limiting the tv time and believe me, she plays all day long! It helps them learn and pick up new words if it is playing in the background. Plus some of the learning ones show them things like clapping and such.
P.s. SpongeBob is not happening haha
What are your favorites and least favorites?