A DIY car organizer is a great way to keep the car clean, have things for the kids to do and to hopefully keep your sanity if it is a long drive.
So since I have 2 young kids currently, I needed something to keep their toys and things off the floorboard. I need something easy and in my budget of free! It may not be perfect as I am a beginner. So if you sew better than I do it can turn out even better. (I so need to practice sewing.)
Here is how to make one:
- Cut 2 28×20 panels of your main background fabric
- Cut 2 11X9 of your pocket fabric
- Cut a 21×5 strip for your strap in either fabric you want.
- Sew the one long side of each pocket (which I forgot to do) to have that as the side that will be open.
- Put the Pocket fabric where you want it and then fold 1/4in under and pin to your main fabric all around the 3 sides. Do this for both pockets.
- Sew pockets.
- Now take your fabric for the strap and fold in about an inch and then pin them together. Sew together.
- Now take the 2nd piece of main fabric, choose which side will be inside and pin the strap to it. I usually keep 1/2-1inch past the top. Just remember that you will need to fold.
- Now put both main pieces together inside out and sew. Leave top open so you can turn it right side out.
- Once turned right side out sew you top closed.