Scores of people love to shop at ALDI, which opened its first US location in 1976. Over the years, that number has grown to almost 2,000 stores. Here are four reasons to consider shopping the increasingly popular chain.
- Tip – Watch for seasonal clearance items (hint hint). There are some amazing deals!
ALDI locations are smaller and more focused on keeping operating costs lower than major supermarkets like Walmart and Target. Every bit of money saved is passed on to customers in the form of low prices. This means that you’ll find fresh meats and produce for much lower prices than at larger stores.
- Tip – Stock up on canned goods, they taste the same as most store brands and will save you money in the long run.
One of the biggest benefits of shopping at ALDI is the care taken to select only quality products to sell in each location. Whether it’s meat, dry goods or produce, ALDI brings you the freshest food with pure and organic ingredients whenever possible. The chain’s exclusive brands are typically made using no trans fats, MSGs or synthetic dyes.
- Tip – Buy the really good meats when in stock in bulk. Separate and freeze for later. You can save a lot by doing this.
ALDI is committed to operating in a way that is as environmentally friendly as possible. The cardboard boxes used for shipping and packaging are all 100 percent recycled. In addition, the store doesn’t offer the typical, wasteful plastic grocery bags that other stores do, which both keeps their cost down and lowers the amount of waste in the environment.
- Tip – If you buy the produce (great prices) make sure you use them quickly or freeze what you can.
ALDI is confident in the quality of all of its exclusive products. So much so, the company is prepared to replace any product you don’t find to your liking and also refund the purchase price. This makes it super easy to confidently try their products, to see how great they are without losing money if you decide that you don’t like them.
- Tip – Always check the bargain bin! Many items are deeply discounted and will still last a while. You can even find household items or great gifts in these bins.
If you’ve never shopped at ALDI what are you waiting for? More than 40 million people shop there, on a monthly basis. Weekly sales translate into even lower prices. Honestly, what could be better than that?
- Tip – They now even are adding more gluten free and healthier options which are sometimes cheaper than major stores. I actually can afford to add them into my budget this way.