Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Gluten-free waffles can be delicious and healthy for several reasons:
Firstly, they offer a great alternative for individuals with gluten sensitivities or those following a gluten-free diet. By substituting traditional wheat flour with gluten-free alternatives like almond flour, rice flour, or oat flour, these waffles become suitable for people with dietary restrictions.
Secondly, gluten-free waffles can be incredibly delicious due to the variety of flavors and ingredients that can be incorporated. You can experiment with different types of gluten-free flour blends, such as a combination of almond flour and coconut flour, to add a unique taste and texture. Additionally, you can enhance the flavor by adding ingredients like pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, or even a touch of cocoa powder.
Furthermore, gluten-free waffles can be made healthier by utilizing nutritious ingredients. For instance, you can incorporate mashed bananas, applesauce, or Greek yogurt for natural sweetness and added nutrients. These ingredients can also provide moisture to the waffle batter, resulting in a soft and fluffy texture.
Lastly, gluten-free waffles can be served with a wide array of healthy toppings. Instead of traditional sugary syrups, you can opt for fresh fruits, such as strawberries, blueberries, or sliced bananas, which not only add natural sweetness but also provide essential vitamins and minerals. Additionally, you can enhance the nutritional value by adding a dollop of Greek yogurt or a sprinkle of chopped nuts for added protein and healthy fats.
Gluten-free waffles can be both delicious and healthy by using alternative flours, incorporating flavorful ingredients, and choosing nutritious toppings. They offer a great option for those with gluten sensitivities while still providing a delightful breakfast or brunch experience.
Gluten Free Waffles
- 3 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour PLUS Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup whole milk as desired
- 8 eggs separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- Preheat your waffle iron as you prepare the waffle batter.In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites for four minutes until they form soft peaks and are shiny and white. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the olive oil, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly fold in the egg whites until just combined.Spray waffle iron with nonstick spray (or brush with additional olive oil).
- Portion out 1/4 cup of the batter per waffle, depending on how big your waffle iron is.
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.