Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Thifty MamaLife is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Congrats on your new baby! Now is the time where you start thinking of everything you need and want to have for him or her. Babies are expensive, but there are ways to save on what you need. There is diapers, wipes, clothes, furniture, car seat and more that is needed. Here are some ways to save money:
- Baby diapers are a number one must have. There are two options [amazon_textlink asin=’B00C7JW3GQ’ text=’Cloth Diapers’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’thiftymamal0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’de79e0b4-bad1-11e7-9b58-9d0dea73da40′] or Disposable Diapers. I personally use both.
- Look at yard sales for diapers. Not even kidding. People are couponing for diapers and tend to sell some of their stash as their kid grows out of that size. Also, you can buy cloth diapers used, all you need to do is strip them first if they haven’t already.
- Coupon for diapers. This is the way I started my stockpile of diapers. I combined sales with coupons and sometimes it gave me money back in points or coupons to use on next purchase.
- Amazon Subscribe and Save is another way. They give discounts for it as well as coupons sometimes.
- For Cloth diapers to save money we went with the [amazon_textlink asin=’B073GBFHRJ’ text=’One Size Pocket Diapers’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’thiftymamal0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’09bfe9fb-bad2-11e7-8398-fd9fc7088576′]
- Also, ask for diapers at your baby shower or if someone asks how they can help.
- Wipes are easy to get the same way as diapers.
- Hand me downs are a great way to get [amazon_textlink asin=’B01M6C5S2Y’ text=’clothes’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’thiftymamal0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2db1e0e4-bad2-11e7-86ec-05c3a7d27639′]. Between my friends and I, we have all shared kids clothes.
- Thrift stores and Goodwill are great for clothes, especially if buying for a different season.
- Clearance finds are also great. We love Walmart and Meijer clearance.
- Ask for different sizes at a baby shower as well.
- Yard Sales/Facebook Yard Sale Sites! These are amazing resources to get furniture cheap! We got our first crib this way.
- Clearance! I found my newest crib on clearance $100 off the original price and it turns into every bed needed for baby/kid.
- Have it as your big item on your baby registry so you could possibly get it at the baby shower.
- Ask around for hand me downs.
- Look for non-expired car seats at yard sales.
- Buy an All in One Car Seat (this is our go-to seat)
- Put on the Baby registry.
- Watch for Clearance!
Don’t think you can’t save money and cut down costs when having a child. There are ways that help do it. Less financial hardship and stress for you this way.